Meet Our Elder Law Attorneys
|Vincent N. Macri||Richard Lutz||Adrienne Burke||Vincent G. Macri|
Vincent N. Macri is a founding and senior partner of the law firm Macri & Associates, LLC. He has been recognized with many awards and distinctions:
- Certified elder law attorney (CELA) as promulgated by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF)
- Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP), one of 75 members nationwide, selected by NELF
- “Super Lawyer,” 2010 – 2020, as published in “New Jersey Monthly Magazine”
- “New Jersey Top 100” Attorney by “Super Lawyers” in 2017-2020
- 2020 “New York Area’s Top Rated Lawyers” as published in “New York Magazine”
- 2020 “Top Rated Lawyers in Health Care” as published in “The American Lawyers and Corporate Counsel Magazine”
- AV Preeminent, the highest possible peer review rating at Martindale-Hubbell
- Lead Counsel Rating as promulgated by Thomson Reuters
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NELA), member
- Elder Law Section of the New Jersey Bar, member
- Monis County Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, member
- Veteran’s Administration accredited attorney, advocating for disabled veterans through the Disabled American Veterans Association (DAV)
- Education: BA degree from Seton Hall University (1970), JD degree from Seton Hall University Law School (1973)
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey, the Federal Courts and the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Since 1996, the focus of Mr. Macri’s practice has been in Medicaid planning disability planning/ special needs trusts, asset preservation and related estate matters. As a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, he additionally handles guardianships, conservatorships, and disability litigation, as well as end of life and contested probate issues.
Mr. Macri has lectured extensively for various professional associations:
- Morris County Bar Association
- Financial Planning Association of New Jersey
- Alzheimer’s Association
- New Jersey Registered Nurses Association
- Accountant’s groups
- Veterans groups
- Caregiver support groups, including membership in the Morris County Caregiver Coalition.
He has also appeared as an Elder Law expert on numerous radio programs, including WOR Radio in New York City and WMTR in Morristown, New Jersey; as well as written for publications on elder law, disability law and planning. In addition, he’s a regular lecturer for the National Business Institute (NBI) on Elder Law issues.
Past clients include PI-IP Healthcare, Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New Jersey, Showboat Casino-Hotel and The Bank of New York.
As a CELA, Mr. Macri also handles Medicaid related divorce litigation, nursing home litigation, and elder personal injury litigation based upon his 47 years of trial experience. Litigation of all elder related issues is also one of his specialties.
Richard J. Lutz Jr. is an associate attorney with 30 years’ experience and heads the real estate and estate administration departments of the firm.
Adrienne J. Burke is an associate attorney with 25 years’ experience and a former Essex County assistant prosecutor. Adrienne practices in the areas of civil and probate litigation, Medicaid applications and fair hearing appeals, and guardianships.
Vincent G. Macri received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Colgate University in 2008 and his Juris Doctorate from New York Law School in 2016. He served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Philip J. Maenza, J.S.C., in the Civil and Family Divisions in Morris County, and participated in extensive mediation in both civil and family matters. Vincent is admitted to the New Jersey Bar, as well as the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Vincent has also been selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for the years 2020 and 2021.
Prior to his legal career, Vincent worked as a Producer at WOR Radio 710AM on the internationally syndicated Dr. Joy Browne Show, the Steve Malzberg Show, and the Saturday Morning Show with Joe Bartlett. During his tenure at WOR, Vincent also had the pleasure of working with radio legends Bob Grant, John Gambling, Joan Hamburg, and Joey Reynolds. While Vincent enjoyed being of service to listeners with their issues on the national airwaves alongside Dr. Joy Browne, he is pleased to now counsel individuals in person with navigating the legal landscape.
Whether representing you in the sale of property or establishing an asset preservation trust, Macri & Associates, LLC‘s knowledge of elder law imbues its efforts with a certain sensitivity that other law firms may lack. To learn more about any of our attorneys, please click on their names below: