The Time to Plan for the Future is Now
With each passing year, the baby‑boomer generation continues to advance in age. Some of us will face a catastrophic illness and many of us will need nursing home care. For a family going through this crisis, the experience can be overwhelming. The time to plan for the future is NOW, and an experienced certified elder law attorney (CELA) can guide the way.
Since 1978, the lawyers at McHugh & Macri in East Hanover, New Jersey, have been providing help and guidance to individuals and families in need. For the past 22 years, our lawyers have focused on disability and elder law and pre/post retirement planning.
Don McHugh and Vince Macri are two of only 450 attorneys nationwide who are certified in elder law (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation.
What is Elder Law?
Our lawyers can assist you with all aspects of tax, estate and long-term care and retirement planning, including:
- Nominated and joined the preeminent 99 member Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP)
- Paying for long-term care, other than solely by you
- Experienced advice on asset protection and trust planning to help you prepare for future care without sacrificing quality care or risking financial impoverishment of your loved ones
- Assistance with facility placement and financial negotiation with facility
- Expert real estate advice to preserve/protect the home
- Navigate the complicated, yet crucial, Medicaid and VA laws to prepare you for the unexpected and access all benefits available
- Estate plans for to assure you protect your assets and avoid or minimize taxation
- Assistance in establishing guardianships and conservatorships to provide for the day‑to‑day management of a vulnerable individual's financial and personal matters
- Establishment of durable powers of attorney and medical powers of attorney and living wills to help your family members deal with the legal and practical concerns surrounding your care and financial affairs
- Advocacy in probate of the will, litigation involving probate, guardianships and will contests
- Achieve crucial goals of retirement planning,beyond tax savings and investment return
We're proud to have been selected as two of New Jersey's SuperLawyers among elder law firms by New Jersey Monthly Magazine (from 2008 to the present) and holding the coveted AV rating for ethics and expertise in elder law and membership in the Pre-Eminent Council of Advanced Practitioners.
Free Lawyer Consultation
For a free initial consultation with one of our CELA partners, call 973-887-4254 or fill out the "Fee Free" contact form on this Web site.